03 Jun 2015TeamCity Slack Notifier
playing withslowly adopting Slack in our R&D department developers quickly raised a request to have TeamCity pump build failures into a Slack channel. Like this…
24 May 2015Migrating from Wordpress to Github Pages
This blog was recently running on a self-hosted Wordpress site and found myself dispirited by the user experience of Wordpress. For all its flexibilty and functionality I would find myself shying away from blogging for the following reasons:
- The tools for writing and editing posts - although always improving - compare poorly to my favourite text editor(s),
- Maintaining security updates and plugins is such a constant frustration,
- All those posts aren’t in any form of source control but instead a MySQL database that needs a backup strategy,
- Wordpress was missing the fun factor.
Ever been interested to know how many keys you type per day? I certainly was curious to know just how much I type each day (especially while I’m replying to a gazillion email).
- Automatically count your key presses and mouse clicks each day,
- Boast your typing and clicking prowess with Slack and HipChat integration built-in,
- Easy to use installer,
- Quick and simple check for updates to stay on the latest version,
- Lightweight application that doesn’t take a ton of system resources,
- Charting to show usage in a day or over a fortnight (new feature).
07 Jul 2014TFS API - Track changeset merge in Branches
This is a quick and easy way to identify what TFS paths a changeset has been merged into. Simply pass in the changeset ID, source path (like: $/project/dev) and a list of branches to check (like: $/project/release/release-1.0).Read more...
01 Mar 2013MSBuild Community Tasks XmlRead and XmlUpdate
Importing the MSBuild Community Tasks into a Visual Studio project can make difficult tasks easy. In my scenario I wanted to hook into the BeforeBuild target so I could modify the defaultVersion attribute in a combres.xml before TeamCity created a Release build.Read more...